Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

Happy Birthday Mommy! 
I don't get to tell you very often how very blessed and grateful I am to be your daughter! You have taught me so much more than you know. Every day I think of how amazing you are to do all that you do; being a mother, wife, daughter, friend and serving in your church callings and still keeping sane. Everything I have learned of being a mother, I have learned from your example. Even when you didn't think I was paying attention, I was learning by watching and listening to you; and now I get to learn by putting those things into action.
Your testimony has strengthened my own and taught me to stand up for what I know to be right and true. I am glad that you taught me the importance of family by taking us to all the family events and giving me the chance to build relationships with my grandparents and extended family. You taught me to include others, when I didn't want to include my siblings. You taught me to share, to be patient and love my siblings for everything they are.
Your dedication to all of us kids and our wants and needs has always stuck with me. Even when we were crazy or hard to put up with you would always teach us and help us experience everything we could. You have always been such a strong support for me and I hope I can encourage my kids the way you have always done for me.
I am grateful that I've be able to see your loyalty and strength as a wife as you have shown your love to Dad; supporting him through school, work and countless church callings. I have never heard you complain about any of it and it makes me want to be better when I remember that. I hope that I can be half of the woman and mother that you are!
I love you Mom! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment