Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Space Bags and Flying Solo

So to look at the title you would probably we had been on a space adventure this week. But in actuality we are just going about our daily activities, trying to keep up with everyday life while battling colds, new teeth and school tests (I will let you figure out who had to deal with which). Kaden is becoming more and more independent. And today was his first time eating breakfast like a big boy! No help from Mommy whatsoever!
"Show me your chin"

Say Cheese!
I think he felt pretty good about himself after that! 
Recently we have been trying to reorganize our "storage stuff" and put away things we don't use everyday. At this point a lot of those things are clothes- Kaden's clothes. We had boxes and boxes of them, all organized by age and all under Kaden's bed. And while they weren't necessarily takin up needed space, we kept thinking that there was a better way to store them. And we found that way! Spacebags! Yeah I know those lousy infomercials that you scoff at and say, "Like those would ever work like that." Well, they do shockingly. I was able to fit ALL of Kaden's old clothes (Newborn-about 18 months+ lots of baby blankets) into one of the 'cube' bags. This is what 7 diaper boxes full of clothes condensed down to:
It is roughly 27 inches tall and 20 inches wide. So now we have more room and his clothes are safe, dry and all in one place and I am one happy camper!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is super cool Chelsea! I have always been curious about those spacebags too. Where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I waited so long to respond! I am so sorry!! We got them at Walmart. they came in a pack of 4 different sizes. We also purchased another set for when we travel, and they work wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete